But the more you don’t want them, the more they come your way.
Sometimes I wish that I could genuinely not have to care for some things or some people but having grown a mustache and a respectable beard means that I’m of age (sound-mind and capability) and therefore have to care eventually.
Anyway, back to my 5-min break from the plague…
Instead of becoming good enough. You might say, “It’s not easy”. It isn’t I know, until you realise that the only difficulty is you. You are your biggest supporter or critic. If you aren’t making it (how you want to), then you really only have yourself to blame.
GO OUT AND GET IT!!!
JUST DO IT! NO EXCUSES! IT’S GONNA GET YOU DOWN SOME DAYS, BUT WHEN IT FINALLY COMES, IT’S GONNA BE WORTH IT ALL! KEEP ON KEEPIN’ ON!!!
“…I do all I can, but on the real – I’m just one man, but before I step to God with a bunch of demands, If I can’t get what I want, let me want what I have…” – Bloodtype
“The question is, would you bounce back or bounce backwards?” – Kendrick Lamar
What a massive find!!!
I know it’s old, but the vibe is just so amazing! Wow! I loved her voice since the very first time I heard it. What I would give to see her live. Beautiful. Kudos to the band and Eric Lau too.
This is so dirty detroit. That old school funky vibe coming back. Soul back in Rap/ Hip-Hop. Lau’s on one for sure. Every beat a gem.
LUST: is the evil pillaging our futures
Don’t act hastily or rashly, the consequences must be something you are prepared for.
I shall soon compile a note on all my frustrations with job hunting… Stay tuned!
“Logic and rationality do not guide the human heart, though they may explain its passions”
This reminds me of my favourite book in The Bible – Ecclesiastes. The main messages are: that there is a time for everything, there is nothing new under the sun, and don’t forget God in the beauty and the melancholy of it all.
James Franco as Allen Ginsberg in this poetry reading scene from the 2010 Sundance Opening Night flick “Howl.”
I seriously don’t know what to make of this but it intrigues me.
Sango’s been on my radar for a minute now. Loving almost everything produced by those hands. Every track a gem, from the first to the last. For the nights/ days when you just need to drift away inside your mind – spin this. Buy the album off Bandcamp or share it off there too.
What an album. Vibed to, almost, the whole album. Wrote a couple of verses to some of the tracks too. Great effort. This is sure to breed great music.
Slowing down life,
So much so that you,
Can literally see the atoms,
Dancing in the light,
Dancing for the sun,
Only the universe cares.
Those glistening sparkles,
Ushering your gaze up to the heavens.
You don’t have to wonder anymore.
There is a God,
And He’s all around.
Pulling on your soul strings,
Playing out a most epic bassline,
The last of your worries is a thing,
It all seems so far,
And yet it’s near.
There’s a comfort in being here, alright with the stillness.
“They say: all it takes to survive bad fortune is decent manners – but good fortune, that my dear, requires character”
FACTS: ‘KONY 2012′:
Viral youtube video made by the charity ‘Invisible Children’ targets the alleged Ugandan war criminal Joseph Kony
The 30-minute film ‘Kony 2012′ racked up 50 million views in the first four days
The video highlights abuses blamed on Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army
The International Criminal Court has indicted Joseph Kony for war crimes
The charity wants to raise awareness of Kony’s alleged human rights abuses
Kony’s Army is accused of committing atrocities in four African nations
The Lord’s Resistance Army is listed as terrorist group by the US
The Army is notorious for kidnapping and using children as slaves
Kony is accused of being behind the 2009 Makombo massacre in DR Congo
‘Kony 2012′ is criticised for US intervention plea
‘Invisible Children’ is facing criticism but denies it has misused charitable donations
What’re your views?
This is a right banger. The latest single off the SMARTape (dropping soon).
A true Songwriter. A true talent.
Dear God, thank you for all the musical gems he and his brother, Richard M. Sherman, gave us.
A songwriter’s tribute. Go well into the afterlife.
American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
I’m never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
My first youtube video of me playing with some melodies and lyrics. Let me know how you feel about what I’ve put together so far. My journey as a songwriter begins here.
The story is about choking on the big stage. You have the chance to tell someone something really important. you’ve been waiting a loooooong time and then when they’re ready to give you the time of day and a fair ear, you choke. Still building on certain parts of the concept. loosely that’s it.
“It’s always easier to speak when you have the words written down,
Staring nervously down the contours of your red blouse,
Trying to think, but all I’m thinking of is how my mind is so blank,
A nervous grin as I’m bouncing off the walls inside my head,
And everything comes crashing down around me,
Around, me, myself, and my army,
We need saving, saving, saving,
From your love.”
What an absolute jam! Stunning gem.
Figgy aka Mike Ferrigno is a New England based producer/DJ who’s bass heavy music holds no prejudice toward tempos. Armed with a laptop and midi controllers Figgy’s live sets are filled with custom edits,remixes, mashups and originals. Not one to stand around, when he’s not pushing buttons or tweaking knobs you can be sure to find him jumping around like a maniac hopelessly in love with bass.
Figgy’s original tracks have been featured heavily on gitch.fm and sub.fm radio, as well as receiving support from many international/national DJ’s.
Roy Ayers – Virgin Ubiquity II (Unreleased Recordings 1976-1981)
When you just need to chill out and the world’s alright with you.
Listen to at least one new artist album a day!
OH MY ***************!!! I need to go and see this movie. Hahahaha! Just look at the trailer…
The men in this duo are talent waiting to blow! Check out the freestyle and wait for their first single release “Bathini” – dropping this Wednesday (7th March 2012). Who said South African hip hop is wack???
“Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
All it takes is a little inspiration mixed with a little action and a lot of hope, whipped together with a whisk of dreams.
A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. – King James Version
MOOVMNT consists of a small group of like-minded music devotees, that blog about and try to provide you with, the best in contemporary underground Soul, Hip Hop, Electronica, Beats, Funk, House and many other different styles of music.
Sometimes, you need to break down a wall or two to let the happiness in.
It’s funny, I have a dream to be something and be someone. I know how to get there and I know what it will take but i’m not taking the leap. It’s funny how you feel as if nobody can see your desires but trust me, your hunger shows. This is to myself and to all of you dreamers! CHASE IT! I’m doing it right now!
The way in which this song is soooooooo POWERFUL!
When you send this to me, I just chuckle to myself and sit and wait for your boss to catch wind of your antics. You will be fired sooner or later. LMAO! You know who you are. Funny guy. You Kevin Hart boy! :”””D
Eintlik (actually), I dare one of you to answer these questions. Hahahahaha!
So my ninja went missing for three or four days. Seeing as we don’t live in the same city and call rates are an absolute *+%^&$@#!!$ %$%^~@$^^ (for lack of a better form of expression at how much of a rip-off it is) I decided to text him. This is where the madness began.
Text Message Of Death:
… And this is the response I got – sent from his work email address to boot. Utterly hilarious!
Email Of Death:
Tryna get gangster, so bad a** that it’s too legit to question. Gotta write a killer hook for this beat. Gangster meets Fly meets Uber Trendy. A hook with substance though, something like Ali, Something like Tyson. Mayweather finesse on a platinum-lined cloud. Aaaaaaah!!!! let me get into it.
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid-term. The answer was so “profound” that the Professor shared it with colleagues, and the sharing obviously hasn’t ceased…
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote Proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:
“First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let us look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.
Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, “…that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you.”, and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze.”
This student received the only A.
Annoying Things To Do On An Elevator
1) CRACK open your briefcase or handbag, peer Inside and ask “Got enough air in there?”
2) STAND silent and motionless in the corner facing the wall without getting off.
3) WHEN arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act as if you’re embarrassed when they open themselves.
4) GREET everyone with a warm handshake and ask him or her to call you Admiral.
5) MEOW occasionally.
6) STARE At another passenger for a while. Then announce in horror: “You’re one of THEM” – and back away slowly
7) SAY -DING at each floor.
8) SAY “I wonder what all these do?” And push all the red buttons.
9) MAKE explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
10) STARE, grinning at another passenger for a while, then announce: “I have new socks on.”
11) WHEN the elevator is silent, look around and ask: “Is that your beeper?”
12) TRY to make personal calls on the emergency phone.
13) DRAW a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers: “This is my personal space.”
14) WHEN there’s only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder, then pretend it wasn’t you.
15) PUSH the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
16) ASK if you can push the button for other people but push the wrong ones.
17) HOLD the doors open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say “Hi Greg, How’s your day been?”
18) DROP a pen and wail until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream: “That’s mine!”
19) BRING a camera and take pictures of everyone in the lift.
20) PRETEND you’re a flight attendant and review emergency procedures and exits with the Passengers.
21) SWAT at flies that don’t exist.
22) CALL out “Group hug” then enforce it.
1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time… I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?
2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.
3. When people say “Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too”. Damn Right! What good is cake if you can’t eat it?
4. When people say “it’s always the last place you look”. Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you’ve found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?
5. When people say while watching a film, “did ya see that?” No Loser, I paid all that money to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!
6. People who ask “Can I ask you a question?”… Didn’t give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?
7. When something is ‘new and improved’. Which is it? If it’s new, then there has never been anything before it. If it’s an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn’t be new.
8. When people say “life is short”. What the hell??? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer?
9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks “Has the bus come yet?” If the bus came, would I be standing here???